Call us: 0800 160 1842  |  Enquire online

SAIL information to help you

Employment and Support Allowance

What is it?
Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) is for people who can’t work because of illness or disability. It is not paid if you’re getting Statutory Sick Pay from your employer.

If you’re getting Incapacity Benefit now then you’ll eventually be moved on to Employment and Support Allowance.

Work-related activity group or Support Group?
Employment and Support Allowance has two groups. If you’re in the Support Group you’ll get more money and are better off in many ways.

Please contact us if you think you’ve been put in the Work-Related Activity Group in error.

Your stories
Latest news