Stopping nuisance calls
Over 1,000,000,000 nuisance calls per year
There are over a billion nuisance phone calls a year to people living in the UK, and there have been a record number of complaints about them.
But what can you do to stop them?
How to stop nuisance phone calls
There are several possible actions to reduce nuisance phone calls –
- Speak to your phone provider about blocking some calls
- Consider using a call blocker on your phone
- Register with the Telephone Preference Service where opt not to receive certain marketing calls
- Check when you’re buying something to make sure you’re not giving your permission to be called
- Ask for the callers details, including their organisation, their address and a free phone number to contact them
- Make a complaint to the company and if they continue to call you then speak to the Information Commissioner
Of course, SAIL can help you with all this. Just give us a call.
Never give your personal data
The most important thing to remember is never to give your personal data to an unsolicited caller.